The National Book Awards took place last night. The winners were:
- Young People’s Literature: Goblin Secrets by William Alexander
- Poetry: Bewilderment, New Poems and Translations by David Ferry
- Nonfiction: Behind the Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo
- Fiction: The Round House by Louise Erdrich
You can see a full list of the nominees here. I also highly recommend watching some of the live readings, which took place the night before the award ceremony (I am officially charmed by William Alexander because of that night–he also gave a terrific acceptance speech).
Here are my reviews of some of the nominees’ books:
- The Round House by Louise Erdrich
- This is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz
- The Boy Kings of Texas by Domingo Martinez
…and I have a couple more on the way. Congratulations to all the winners!