I started toying with the idea of a book blog in 2009 when I participated in Infinite Summer, where readers tackled David Foster Wallace’s Infinite Jest over the course of three months. In January 2010, this blog was born.
A few of my interests & book-related things about me, for those inquiring minds that want to know (or not):
- I am a librarian and history adjunct.
- I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English & Philosophy, a Master of Arts degree in Women’s History, and a Master of Library and Information Science.
- About a third of the books on my shelves are women’s studies-related nonfiction.
- I make quilts.
- I have two dogs, six cats, and two parrots.
- I travel a lot.
- I love Ethiopian food.
- I’m a feminist who loves Jonathan Franzen. Yeah. I said it.