← This is Atticus. He’s my co-host for today.
My apologies for getting this up so late. I had technical difficulties.
Today’s Armchair BEA topic is “Best of 2011,” about the best books we’ve read so far this year and/or book releases we most look forward to. I have my favorite reads of the year (so far) set for another post, so I’ll be focusing on new and upcoming releases. It’s set up as a gallery, so click on the book covers for more info.
- All That is Bitter and Sweet by Ashley Judd | Ballantine Books | April 2011
- Before the Beginning, After the End by Dagoberto Gilb | Grove Press | November 2011
- …Fear Itself by Candida Lawrence | Unbridled Books | September 2011
- Guantanamo Boy by Anna Perera | Albert Whitman & Company | September 2011
- Island Beneath the Sea by Isabel Allende | Harper Perennial | May 2011
- Lamb by Bonnie Nadzam | Other Press | September 2011
- Our Lady of Controversy: Alma Lopez’s “Irreverent Apparition” ed. by Alicia Gaspar de Alba and Alma López | University of Texas Press | April 2011
- Sister Species edited by Lisa A. Kemmerer | University of Illinois Press | June 2011
- The Final Testament of the Holy Bible by James Frey | Gagosian Gallery | April 2011
- We the Animals by Justin Torres | Houghton Mifflin Harcourt | September 2011 | November 2011